Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How to Kill Mold with Hydrogen Peroxide

The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has suggested that hydrogen peroxide is an effective tool to kill mold in your home. The type of peroxide you can purchase at the drugstore or supermarket is generally a 3% concentration. Spray any mold infested surface very thoroughly with an undiluted 3% concentration of peroxide. Let the hydrogen peroxide sit and work to kill mold for at least 10 minutes. Scrub away the mold and stains.

You may have to use this technique a few times to successfully get rid of all the mold in any given area. This works only on hard surfaces, not soft surfaces like furnishings.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Nice article and advice.

You have to be careful though when tackling mold on your own.

Mold can be very hazardous to your health, especially black mold. You want to make sure that you hire a professional company if the mold job looks large.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Florida General Contractor said...

Hydrogen Peroxide is kill mold..Therefore, hydrogen peroxide is a much safer alternative as compared to bleach for removing mold at home. As hydrogen peroxide is less abrasive, it is also safe to be used on porous materials like wallpaper or fabric surfaces.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Excellent tips for killing mold. Thanks for the write up.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Roman Velasquez said...

Get a bottle of hydrogen peroxide with 3% concentration from your local drug stores. Transfer the hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and spray it onto the mold infected surface. Leave it for at least 15 minutes for hydrogen peroxide to take action and kill the molds. After that, scour the area to remove all the mold and mold stains.

www.toronto-mold-removal-contractor.ca

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home