Protective Gear to Wear During Mold Removal/Mold Remediation
It goes without saying that when you're removing mold from any surfaces in a home or other building, protective gear must always be worn. Here are some suggestions on what sort of protective equipment and gear you should use to protect your eyes, skin, lungs, nose and mouth:
- Wear good quality protective gear - the cheapest certainly isn't always the best. But, it might not always be necessary to buy the very priciest either.
- Wear eye goggles that don't have any sort of holes (some goggles do, to provide ventilation) - you want to protect your eyes against the mold spores you're battling against.
- Biohazard suits sound scary, but just protect your whole body from coming in contact with mold. They can be purchased for as little as $10-$15 at hardware stores.
- Wear good quality work gloves that fully protect your hands. You can even use heavy duty tape around the edges of the gloves, to secure them to the biohazard suit to prevent any contamination.
- If you're working in a dangerous mold infested area, then look into purchasing a face mask to prevent inhalation of any mold.
When it comes to mold remediation, be prepared before you begin! Protect yourself and anyone who is working with you, to prevent any possible illness down the road.