Taking Health Precautions During Mould/Mold Cleanup and Removal
To minimize exposure and/or potential health risks from conducting a mold remediation project, take the following precautions:
- Wear respiratory (nose and mouth) protection when handling or cleaning moldy materials.
- The minimal type of breathing mask, or respirator, that should be used for protection from mold particles is an "N-95" particulate respirator approved by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
- Wear protective clothing that can be laundered or discarded after the project.
- Wear gloves and eye protection.
- Follow the recommended mold cleaning and removal steps to minimize dust dispersal